question

Toni Palm avatar image
Toni Palm asked

title_catalog_updated (and other title events) missing from rules

Hi,

I can't figure out how to create a rule handler for title events like title_catalog_updated: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/gaming/playfab/api-references/events/title-catalog-updated

I can't find that from the dropdown when creating a rule, or any other title_* events. Are these not supposed to be available for triggers?

I would want to trigger an Azure function when something changes in the catalog.

PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, PlayFab Actions and Rules feature does not support using title PlayStream Events to trigger an action.

But you can do the additional event handling on the custom server using PlayFab Webhooks feature. Whenever a new event is emitted, it can be forwarded to your server by making a POST request to your custom web endpoint. Webhook supports the Title PlayStream Events, such as com.playfab.title_catalog_updated. It is designed for the different usages from the PlayFab Rules. If you use this feature, you may need to use Azure Functions as a sperate service and need to configure the POST requests on your own.

If you still need the feature that using Title PlayStream Events to trigger a CloudScript Azure Function in the PlayFab Rules. You can try to add a feature request for it.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Toni Palm avatar image Toni Palm commented ·

Cool, I had forgotten about the webhooks, this works. Now the feature even seems to support custom headers, which is nice.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.