question

whitershores avatar image
whitershores asked

Suspend servers from running? Billing information?

In Multiplayer, I've set both Standby and Maximum servers to 0, but it still shows that I have 1 active server running. If I try to remove all regions, it says I have to have at least 1 region. So there is no apparent way to stop it using up billable hours.

There really ought to be a simple way, to disable servers from running without having to delete all builds. (I always use previous builds as templates to add new ones, so I need some old builds that I could use for that)

Also, a bit more transparency would be appreciated in billing. There should be a summary of the running total somewhere as of how many billable hours I've used across the board without having to wait until the end of the month.

The "Total usage" under Multiplayer only shows 'Concurrent Cores', not instance hours. Instance hours information is only available per each build, but not for builds that have already been deleted, so I have no way of knowing how much I have used in total.

pricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, that's specifically how to turn off all servers in a region. For example, your build "Selfcont5" is running zero servers right now. The billing summary for your title shows any accumulated billing through the last billing day - you can find this for your studio here: https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/r/s/9922A2455C91FDE0/billing-summary.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

whitershores avatar image
whitershores answered

@Brendan

And how would I find that page, unless I had that direct link?

I looked and looked everywhere, but there is no way to find this under any of the menus available in my studio or title settings. Don't you think it would be important to let your customers know how much you are charging them?

There are no text or email warnings of costs either. You do send us a daily email that has everything but how much you are charging, or indeed that we are being charged at all. Indeed, this link, inaccessible from the developer interface, was the first time I actually learned that you have been charging me at all.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.