question

Thomas Brown avatar image
Thomas Brown asked

Reward Ad Activity fails (504 gateway timeout) on Grant Item Action

I'm working with the new rewardedAds in PlayFab and i'm noticing that I only get 504 gateway timeouts when I call RewardAdActivity. I'm not sure what's going on here but it feels like there may be a bug occuring.

debug.png (218.1 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thomas Brown avatar image Thomas Brown commented ·

After doing some debugging it looks like the issue is not occurring when my reward action is Execute CloudScript. As of right now (with my limited testing) it looks like it's only occurring on Action GrantItem

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Brown avatar image Thomas Brown commented ·

After doing a decent amount more testing i'm fairly confident that the 504 only occurs when the reward action is set to Grant Item.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

We have reproduced this issue that the response of API RewardAdActivity is in the 504Gateway Time-out status when the type of the corresponding Ad reward is set to [Grant item]. We have informed our team to investigate it.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

franklinchen avatar image franklinchen commented ·

Hi @thsbrown1, the fix has been deployed, please let us know if you still see the same issue, thanks.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.