question

Jeff Gennusa avatar image
Jeff Gennusa asked

Why did PlayFab remove all the sample code from the documentation?

Every video I have watched, where someone is explaining playfab, is over a year old. And every one of them shows how great the documentation is and how they use the sample code.

However, when I look at the documentation, there is no sample code. Why not? Where did it go?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

You can find our latest samples in the docs -- PlayFab recipes and samples. There are also some samples in the PlayFab-Sample repository. Maybe you can check this folder -- PlayFab-Samples/VideoTutorialSamples/ to find some video tutorial samples.

With the iterative update of PlayFab features, some old documents and samples would be deprecated. Please navigate to our release notes for the latest updates. If you need official samples of some updated features, you can try to add a feature request for them.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeff Gennusa avatar image Jeff Gennusa commented ·

Sarah, that's doesn't help at all.

You have directed me to several links which are unorganized.

In order to learn anything from that infirmary, I would need to spend hours shifting through it trying to find what I'm looking for.

In the documentation I've been using, when I need to learn how to use characters, I simply search for characters and find all of the different functions.

Unfortunately, there are no code samples on those pages. This page site me exactly what each function takes for parameters, but neglects to show an example of the code block to use it.

Downloading 50 files for a game won't help me. I just need each of your functions to have a short code sample on the same page as the rest of its information.

0 Likes 0 ·
Don Glover avatar image
Don Glover answered

@Jeff Gennusa Can you provide examples of videos that show sample code in the document that is no longer there?

10 |1200

Jeff Gennusa avatar image
Jeff Gennusa answered

@don we discussed this on slack.

You showed me there are two different sets of documentation. Some still has the c# code samples.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.