question

Thomas Brown avatar image
Thomas Brown asked

What is the AppId used for in rewardedAds? Does it need to match AppId provided by ad service exactly?

So essentially I plan on using the rewardedAds in PlayFab to unlock levels for my players. The problem / strange bit is that because the game will be on both iOS & Android I don't want to have to do double the amount of work setting up the Ad Placement Rewards on the PlayFab Rewarded Ads backend.

In order to avoid the double work I thought it would just make sense to have one ad placement setup on PlayFab backend for both iOS & Android, but using Unity's Ad system I am given a different AppId for both Android & iOS.

Wow i'm sure that sounds confusing as all heck so let me try and break it down.

Does the AppId in RewardedAds need to match the AppId given by the ads provider? From looking at the rewardedAds api in PlayFab it doesn't look to be really used anywhere. This means I can just get away with doing something like combining the Android AppId & iOS app on the PlayFab backend which would keep me from having to duplicate all the setup.

Phew, hopefully that makes sense, and thank you in advance!

appid.png (14.6 KiB)
different.png (34.4 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, it can be whatever arbitrary value you like. We modelled the elements on common ad mediation providers, but we don't have direct integration with any, so there's no check being done on the App ID. That said, for convenience of your own reporting and management of your rewards, it is a good best practice to make sure they match.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.