question

miquelroan avatar image
miquelroan asked

Event export not working for Azure?

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new Event Export to an Azure Blob account.

When I give all the needed details, I always get an error: "Something went wrong. Try again later" on top a page and "There are some errors on this page." error on bottom, but nothing else specified.

Could this possibly be a bug?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask what is the title ID?

0 Likes 0 ·
miquelroan avatar image miquelroan Seth Du ♦ commented ·

FD326

Thank you for your help

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I have submitted a report to the corresponding team about the Event Export configuration error issue and will keep you updated if there is any feedback from the team.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

In addition, @MiquelRoan it will be appreciated if you can capture network trace via some tools like Fiddler and share the .saz file with us will help us with troubleshooting.

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi @MiquelRoan, could you please have a try and capture the trace again?

0 Likes 0 ·
miquelroan avatar image miquelroan franklinchen commented ·

still getting the same error:

Something went wrong. Try again later.

I don't know how to capture the trace with Fiddler, sorry

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
miquelroan avatar image
miquelroan answered

I'm sorry I don't feel it's safe to share this .saz file since it may contain sensitive information.

If you could tell me exactly what information do you need I would gladly share it.

Thanks

2 comments
10 |1200

We want to know the detailed error message or codes generated by this issue.

If you don't want to use Fiddler, the development tools of your browser will also help. Simply open it and monitor the console tab. Try to refresh the page then see if there are any highlighted error sentences.

0 Likes 0 ·

The response I get when I try to save the event export is

[{"Key":"__generic__","Value":["Something went wrong. Try again later."]}]
0 Likes 0 ·
miquelroan avatar image
miquelroan answered

I have the file but I would like to know how to share only with moderators

2 comments
10 |1200

If you are in a paid subscription plan. We highly suggest you to create support ticket, because the dedicated private support will guarantee your privacy secure.

0 Likes 0 ·

At this moment I'm on a free account, so I guess I'll have to wait or switch to another solution.

Thank you for your help @SethDu

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image
franklinchen answered

Hi @MiquelRoan, I just got the confirmation that the reason you cannot export event data to Azure is due to your current pricing state - Development mode, you need to switch your title to live state to make the event export works. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/development-mode

3 comments
10 |1200

franklinchen avatar image franklinchen commented ·

The error message has been improved to clarify this: the title needs to be out of development mode in order to set up exports

1 Like 1 ·
Amar avatar image Amar commented ·

@FranklinChen we have a title that we turned the game from development mode to Live and still are unable to export events to Azur. Same with S3. We are still simply getting an error saying "an error occured" with no further information.

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen Amar commented ·

May I ask if you can submit a support ticket to us, so that we can help to check your title. See https://community.playfab.com/articles/30527/playfab-support-overview.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.