question

Georg Laage avatar image
Georg Laage asked

Is it possible to unlock other regions with the free tier account?

Hello there,

i am currently trying to move a game onto playfab but need a testserver in the european region.
Currently with the free tier only the regions US-East and US-West are available. I already asked the question on the playfab-slack but only got the answer to open a support ticket for this. Problem is: The free tier account does not give me the option to do so.
Thus is there any way to do this or do i have to sign up for the payed account?

support
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Quota for development mode titles is meant to have some US and some EU quota - we're fixing that. In the meantime, what quota did you want to have, and in what region? We can get that set up.

However, I also had a look at your title, and I need to call this out: You have had at least one server running 24/7 for several days. If you click into your build and look at the Usage sub-tab, you'll see that you've already consumed the 100 free hours we provide each month, so additional usage is going to be generating costs that'll show up on your next invoice. I would strongly encourage you to make sure you're shutting down all regions when you're not actively testing, for this very reason.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Georg Laage avatar image Georg Laage commented ·

oookay, first up thx for the answer. I totally misunderstood the pricing tab then. Since it said 1500 VM-Hours without any price attached i though this would be free hours per month in each tier.
Anyway, my mistake.
I do not really understand what you mean by "Quota". What Quota? we'd basically just need only one EU-Server from time to time for for testing purposes since latency to the US is just too big.

That raises a few other questions then:
- What is that 1500 hour limit then which applies to all tiers?
- Is there a way to see my current bill somewhere? I can find my billing information in the dashboard but nothing else.
- Why does the "learn more" button here at the "free tier" only send me to my dashboard? Is there even more info on that? If so where?

0 Likes 0 ·
kamyker avatar image kamyker Georg Laage commented ·

- What is that 1500 hour limit then which applies to all tiers? - good question it says "Included free", maybe you are using legacy servers that had only 100h free.

0 Likes 0 ·
Georg Laage avatar image Georg Laage kamyker commented ·

thx for the answer.

I opened up a new Question regarding this topic here in case you want to follow it.
You said there is something like "legacy servers". Could you elaborate what a legacy server is or how to deremine which kind i am using? i did not use the legacy matchmaking and chose and Av2 server type i think.
I did not find any other settings regarding this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.