question

starkgaminginc avatar image
starkgaminginc asked

Multiplayer Servers 2.0

I am looking to update from Legacy Servers to Multiplayer Servers 2.0 but after setting up my build it ends up sitting at "Deploying Status" and ends up falling to unhealthy status.

From what I can tell, my settings are all correct and of checked my zip file path/run command several times. I've tried using the previous run arguments as well as no arguments.

Game ID: 2E57D

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

According to the documentation on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/multiplayer-build-region-lifecycle:

• All the initial set of VMs (from Step 1 above) are deemed Unhealthy. Some reasons include:
    • None of the game servers have sent a heartbeat via GSDK for more than 10 minutes after being started. This usually indicates that the server is crashing, and you will see a NoServerHeartbeat health status for each VM in the region.
    • The PlayFab Multiplayer Agent itself is crashing, or not being initialized on the VM (rare occurrence). Essentially the multiplayer service has not received a heartbeat from the Agent for over 10 minutes.
  • None of the VMs have reached a Running state (mostly stuck in loading assets) for more than 90 minutes.
  • None of the game servers have reached a StandingBy state for more than 90 minutes (although they are sending a heartbeat). This indicates an issue during game server initialization.

We will suggest you debugging your server build on a local VM agent provided by PlayFab, please refer to the documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/locally-debugging-game-servers-and-integration-with-playfab. Please note that this tool simulates a local network environment and is only for local debugging. You can not request a server instance with it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.