question

watcover3396 avatar image
watcover3396 asked

UE4 PlayFab pipeline interactions

Good day! I am interested in a clear and understandable pipeline interactions between the client, matchmaker and server. There are many functions in the API and I don’t see a clear definition, imagine that I am very dumb, I just opened the documentation and I can’t understand what I need to call on my game server? StartGame? RegisterServer? I use Blueprints and Legacy PlayFab integration in UE4. Why when I integrated Gamelift into another project, I did it in half an hour? And here I can’t understand corny what needs to be called and whether it is necessary to call at all, maybe Tomcat with scripts itself monitors the process and does everything? A simple example, everything is clear and understandable https://docs.aws.amazon.com/gamelift/latest/developerguide/gamelift-sdk-server-api-interaction-vsd.html Why can't I see this in the PlayFab documentation, maybe I googled badly? Thanks in advance, all the best!

apisCustom Game ServersMatchmakingdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I can completely understand your concerns. Since PlayFab has announced the release of Multiplayer Server 2.0 feature, and the legacy documentation website has been migrated to the new place. It will be difficult to locate those documentation for legacy custom multiplayer servers. Even though the 2.0 version is the recommended solution, we will continue to provide technical support for the legacy one. In terms of the official documentation, you can still find them on the website (though they are not indexed).

I believe the following articles are what you are looking for:

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.