question

fabien seither avatar image
fabien seither asked

How to Login to Playfab using Steam Encrypted App Ticket ?,How to login to playfab in unreal engine using Steam Encrypted App Ticket ?

Hi,

We previously tested your system on our unreal project using login with Steam, but with now deprecated Session Ticket.

We successfully migrated our login to steam to the new Steam Application Ticket, but we fail to make it work with Playfab now.

Would you be able to confirm me in first place that it's possible ? Maybe could you provide an exemple of implementation ( possibibly on unreal ? ) ?

I'm available for giving more identifier detail by PM.

Best regards

Hi,

We previously tested your system on our unreal project using login with Steam, but with now deprecated Session Ticket.

We successfully migrated our login to steam to the new Steam Application Ticket, but we fail to make it work with Playfab now.

Would you be able to confirm me in first place that it's possible ? Maybe could you provide an exemple of implementation ( possibibly on unreal ? ) ?

I'm available for giving more identifier detail by PM.

Best regards

apissdksunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, PlayFab LoginWithSteam API does not support logging users in PlayFab using Steam Encrypted Application Ticket. As this sample -- Setting up PlayFab authentication using Steam and Unity shows, this API supports using with Steam authentication ticket. If this feature that logging users in PlayFab using Steam Encrypted Application Ticket is necessary for you, you can try to add feature requests for this API and its samples that implemented using UE4.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.