question

kennyroy avatar image
kennyroy asked

What are the restrictions on Group Name?

I cannot find any details on the limits on group name. Not special characters, character limits, anything. However, players in my game are having lots of issues when there are special characters or spaces in the name. What are the restrictions?

limitsCharacters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Playfab does not set the official restrictions for GroupName. Could you please tell us which types of issues the players encounter and what are the corresponding reproduction steps?

Besides, is there any possibility the issues are from other places' restrictions on illegal characters? If so we would suggest using the external moderation services to moderate the characters in Group Names and Player Display Names. PlayFab supports integrating Community Sift directly on the Add-on page to filter illegal user display names without programming. You can integrate such services manually to filter the illegal Group Names too.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kennyroy avatar image kennyroy commented ·

Thanks, I'll look into that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.