question

Nikita Matusevich avatar image
Nikita Matusevich asked

Getting a list of servers on 2.0

How can the client get a list of all servers and all custom information about them (server name, map, etc.) without using a secret key? I looked at the API, I didn't find anything like this. In Legacy, this is easy to do.

apissdksunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Server 2.0 doesn't have a feature like "Lobby" and It is highly integrated with the new matchmaking feature. It will work more like PUBG. In terms of your scenario, for the players, you may define a String Equality Rule in Queues and people having the same map selection will be matched together. After the connection is established, server will notify the client to load corresponding resources (from SessionCookie).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

May I ask which API you are referring to? Are you trying to retrieve all the server instances(sessions) that a server build is running? Or listing the server builds that the title has been configured? If the response shows that the entity token is not authorized, you may call this API in the Cloud Script. You may call multiplayer related API via multiplayer.xxxxx on Cloud Script function.

7 comments
10 |1200

Nikita Matusevich avatar image Nikita Matusevich commented ·

I can, but this will only give me the server ID and the number of players. How can I get other information about the server, such as maps, names, and others that I specify when starting the server?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Nikita Matusevich commented ·

May I ask how do you define the variables (like Maps, Names) and where do you store them?

0 Likes 0 ·
Nikita Matusevich avatar image Nikita Matusevich Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I use the "Request Multiplayer Server" function and pass all the necessary information through the "Session Cookie" parameter. I want to get this information on another client that will find this server in the list to find out the map, name, and more.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.