question

Z. avatar image
Z. asked

Problem with linking 2 titles with the same Photon Realtime ID

Hi, just need some clarification on this.

- I've created a Photon Realtime and linked it up with a title on Playfab on a Unity Build.

- Sent out the builds to my testers and they were all able to login and play.

- In an attempt to create a development environment, I've relink the same Photon Realtime App ID to a second Playfab title.

This caused the first title(Unity build) to be unable to connect and I'm getting the "App not associated" message when trying to login.

- I've tried to remove the Realtime ID from the second title but I'm still getting the message.

So I would like to find out if can I have 2 titles connecting to the same Realtime App ID?
If I am unable to do that, does linking the second title break the link for the first, and is there any way to relink the first title?

Thanks.

photon
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> So I would like to find out if can I have 2 titles connecting to the same Realtime App ID?

As this section Setting up authentication says, before you link the Realtime App in the PlayFab’s Add-on page, you need to configure the Authentication URL in the Custom Server page in the Photon Realtime App portal. As far as I know, for the free tier, one Photo Realtime app only can set one Custom Server Provider. So you can’t link one Realtime App to two PlayFab titles.

>> If I am unable to do that, does linking the second title break the link for the first, and is there any way to relink the first title?

Have you tried to modify the TitleId in the Authentication URL to the first TitleId? The progress of editing the Authentication URL would be similar to the progress of adding it to a new-created Client Server Provider. Please click the link in the first answer to check the tutorial.

For more advanced technical questions about Photon Engine, please navigate to the Photon official forum for professional supports.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.