we are making a correspondence chess game - in short, it's a chess match that's played asynchronously. Match must exist even if both players are offline.
- every player sees a list of games they are participating in, and can return to it to make a turn
- every player sees a part of a list of all open games (which have only 1 player waiting for an opponent), depending on their skill level
- player can choose to manually join any game from this list
- player can choose to automatically join a game. In this case, a suitable match from the list will be picked up. If there is no suitable match, a new game will be created and shown to other players for them to join.
I understand that I can store a game state that will be shared between two players that are in the same match, but I am not sure about the list of all open games. Is that possible with PlayFab? I found this topic - Persistent turn based games, but it's 4 years old, and I don't see what's the best solution. We are using Photon for room management.
Flow from the player POV can look like this:
- Player A creates new match. After he creates it, he can see the match in the list of games he are participating in. He can create/join more matches.
- Player A quits the game.
- Player B sees the match that Player A created in a list of open games.
- Player B joins the match. It gets removed from the list of open games, and gets added to the list of games the player B is participating in. He can create or join more matches.
- Player A starts the game, and makes a turn in any of games he is participating in