question

Martin L avatar image
Martin L asked

Is there a way to access the instance naming mechanism?

I'd like to make unique identifiers that are the same as those for everything else in PlayFab?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It's a randomly generated 64-bit number, represented in hexadecimal. It's not deterministic for any given item creation, so you'll either want to use the existing instance ID from the item itself for your events, or generate a unique ID of your own.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Do you mean the instance identifiers for inventory items? Those are unique identifiers which are, by necessity, generated in our code. Can you detail out what your use case is specifically, so that we can understand what your goal is for this?

10 |1200

Martin L avatar image
Martin L answered

Yes, the ItemId and ItemInstanceId names. I would like to have a similar format name to use as a key in User data that allows me to store a unique event and come back to that event's data later on. I could use my own unique generator, but it would be more convenient to use the one PlayFab already has.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.