question

Rafay Javed avatar image
Rafay Javed asked

Information about free tier

Hello I am a starting up an indie game studio and my first game is MMO, and I wanna use playfab for hosting player data, but in the free tier, there are 10k users limit, its cool for a startup but it says the game is in development, cant go live in the free tier

so I wanna ask that can I publish the game staying in the free tier and wait to get successful before I upgrade my tier to 99$ a month?

will there be any issues if players around the world keep playing my game in free tier ? but they stay less than 10k in number?

Please guide I am starting up so cant invest in the plans before game success.

limits
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

For titles in development or at the start of their LiveOps journey, PlayFab remains free (for up to 10,000 unique players with some other limits). Every account can have up to ten titles in Development Mode so that you can do evaluation, development and testing to make sure you’re targeting your usage effectively. Your titles can remain in Development Mode if you have 10,000 or fewer unique player accounts. This allows development and testing of your title while it's still in a free usage state.

For more details, please see https://playfab.com/pricing/, especially https://playfab.com/pricing/#faq.

So, you can publish your game while staying in the free tier. And if the player accounts stay less than 10K and all usages are under our limits, then there will be no issue.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rafay Javed avatar image Rafay Javed commented ·

Thank you very much , now I can work on game in peace :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.