question

Christopher Silvas avatar image
Christopher Silvas asked

Curl error 6: Could not resolve host in MockVmAgent

So I am building a game server in Unity that I intend to run with the PlayFab server systems.

I have got my game building to Windows running in the MockVmAgent. But whenever I attempt to run PlayFabServerAPI calls such as "AuthenticateSessionTicket" the request times out and logs an error:

"Curl error 6: Could not resolve host: titleID.playfabapi.com"

The error code is, "/Server/AuthenticateSessionTicket: Cannot resolve destination host"

I assume this is caused by a firewall within the container image not allowing outside url requests...

How can I get around this? Am I doing something wrong?

apissdksCustom Game Servers
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christopher Silvas avatar image Christopher Silvas commented ·

I should mention that it works perfectly well both in a standalone without the PlayFabAgentAPI aswell as with the PlayFabAgentAPI on the actual PlayFab servers as a build. It seems like it defeats the purpose of having a container if it are inconsistencies like this from container to container...

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Christopher Silvas commented ·

We will dig into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
01markbryant01 avatar image 01markbryant01 commented ·

Any luck with this?, I have the same problem

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Have you followed this section verifying containerization, especially "Run Setup.ps1 which sets up the docker networks to add firewall rules"?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christopher Silvas avatar image Christopher Silvas commented ·

Hello, Sarah. Thank you for your response. I tried running Setup.ps1 in admin mode right before starting the container and it did not work. The problem is not the connection between the agent and the app, it is between the app and the playfab servers/api calls. It could be a problem with my firewall, but, again, API calls do work when it is not in a container so I think it is probably something on the container level.

This happens when I attempt to authenticate a player that was able to successfully connect.

Curl error 6: Could not resolve host: 5b888.playfabapi.com

(Filename: Line: 808)

ERROR - /Server/AuthenticateSessionTicket: Cannot resolve destination host

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Christopher Silvas commented ·

Do you use Unity to develop this server? If so, this question should be relevant to the certificate issue about Unity.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.