question

marcos-vazquez avatar image
marcos-vazquez asked

How to update username, email and password?

Hello everyone.

I am developing a game, for the registration of users I am using PlayFab.

When the user run first time the game I do an "anonymous" registration with LoginWithAndroidDeviceIDRequest and LoginWithIOSDeviceIDRequest to be able to monitor their statistics.

Now I am implementing a login and a registry using RegisterPlayFabUserRequest but I see it generates another registry ... Is there a way to just update the information in the first record and assign username, password and email?

Player Dataunity3dAccount ManagementLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

RegisterPlayFabUser will register a new Playfab user account, which is not what you expected, in your case, you should use the AddUsernamePassword API to add username/password to that existing account created using LoginWithAndroidDeviceID/IOSDeviceID.

Moreover, for more info about login best practices, please navigate to this doc to learn more: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/authentication/login/login-basics-best-practices

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.