question

Chris Savory avatar image
Chris Savory asked

Searching Group Entities

Hey PlayFab,

Is it possible to get a list of group entities that meet certain criteria? I'm building a game with 20 person clans and when a new player starts the game I'm wanting to suggest a clan that is not full that they can join and/or present them a list of potential clans they could join.

I saw another question from 2018 saying that this was not possible but was wondering if anything has changed on that front or if there is a work around that could achieve something like this?

Thanks!

entitiesShared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Not yet. Arbitrary search on Entity Groups is a backlog item that we'll be adding in future, to make this easier. Right now, you would need to use an external data store to maintain information on available Groups if you want to support search of Groups.

Also, once Leaderboards v2 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/social/leaderboardsv2/) is in public preview, you'll be able to make use of it for Group Leaderboards, which will also provide a way for players to find Groups they wish to join. For example, you could keep the Group's "score" in one statistic for that entity type, but also have the number of open slots in the Group in another.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James McGhee avatar image James McGhee commented ·

The ability to search for groups is something we looking to sort out. Is this feature still backlogged?

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Savory avatar image
Chris Savory answered

Hey Brendan,

Sounds good, thanks for the quick response. Is there any rough ETA on Leaderboards v2 for public preview or any chance I could try out the private preview :)

Thanks!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.