question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Can I use rewarded ads for my own videos?

I want to grant items or virtual currency if a player watches my own videos in my game. But I just want to grant rewards if the player has watched a video for the first time. If the player watches a video the second time, then the player receives no rewards.

For example:

1) I want to create an introduction video where I show and explain the controls of my game. This video should be available for all players when I release my game.

2) Some time after the release of my game, I want to add new videos where I show DLC content and updates that will be released at a later date in my game.

Where can I upload the videos? Would it be possible to upload the videos in my PlayFab account?

Is it possible to use rewarded ads for this purpose?

Content
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You can certainly use our ad rewards system for your own ads, but to be clear, our service is not an ad mediation or delivery service. It's specifically a way to reward players for watching ads while controlling the number of rewards the player can get, and giving you the ability to tune those rewards based on user segmentation.

If you need a space to host video files for download to the client, our Content service could be used for that: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/data/content-delivery-network/

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kim Strasser avatar image Kim Strasser commented ·

I don't know how to create a new Ad Placement for my own video because I don't have an AppId and Ad unit. What should I insert in the AppId field and in the Ad unit field?

0 Likes 0 ·
drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 answered

So it's basically the reward part of rewarded ads?

There's no API reference, but does it protect from players using trickery to instantly ending ads? Like can I set a minimum time between Start and End?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.