question

Wolfgang avatar image
Wolfgang asked

What is the function of MacAddress in the BanUsers API

I have experimented a bit with user bans to better understand how they work, and I found that when a user is banned not only via their PlayFabId but also by a given IP address, then this will also block any other user that would share that same IP.

This is also noted in the API documentation for the BanUsers API call:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/server/account-management/banusers?view=playfab-rest#banrequest

I then tried to replicate the same using the MACAddress field of the ban request, but so far this one does not seem to do anything at all ?

Could you please elaborate what the MACAddress field is used for? In the PlayFab players dashboard it also nowhere shows the players' MAC address ?

PS: I am also asking this because I am evaluating how to use PlayFab in conformance with the GDPR and so I am wondering if (aside from the user ban table) are MAC addresses stored anywhere in a PlayFab title's database?

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Sorry for the confusion. MacAddress is deprecated and does not work anymore.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kosar avatar image kosar commented ·

IP banning is not very efficient buddy. What can we use as an alternative then?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.