question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Web Game Localization

brainbeat.club
started a topic on Wed, 06 May 2015 at 7:32 AM

Hello

My game title is web based gaming platform.

The Website texts' localization is an important part of my business idea.

As I understand you are working on localization serivces, but the release date is unknown.

Could you advice me how to proceed (or what 3th party serivce to use) in order to be easy to switch to your localization services when they are ready?

Regards

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

7 Comments
johntube said on Thu, 07 May 2015 at 4:21 AM

@brainbeat.club

I think you misunderstood what Brendan said here on the forum in other topic.

I don't think PlayFab will have such service to offer. I think that what Brendan announced is that they're working on the GameManager's localization.

brainbeat.club said on Thu, 07 May 2015 at 4:22 AM

It's clear, now.

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 07 May 2015 at 11:36 AM

Correct - we plan to provide localization support for games, so that any text sourcing from your title (whether in-game info, Push notifications, etc.) can all be localized. We'll provide more info on that as we proceed. For web site localization, I would have to recommend working with localization partners directly.

johntube said on Thu, 07 May 2015 at 11:42 AM

I'm sorry I didn't know about that and it was not my position to answer such questions. Won't happen again.

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 07 May 2015 at 12:04 PM

Oh, no - not a problem at all! One of the main reasons we have forums is so that our users can help each other. I just wanted to add a bit of clarification (about what we'll be integrating, for localization). :)

brainbeat.club said on Thu, 14 May 2015 at 2:10 PM

"For web site localization, I would have to recommend working with localization partners directly." Which are these localization partners? Some recommendations? Sorry, but I do not have any experiance in that area

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 14 May 2015 at 6:44 PM

To be clear, we don't have a recommended localization partner right now, but I've spoken with folks who have had good experiences using http://gtlmedia.com/. I'd strongly encourage others to chime in with their recommendations.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.