question

Martin avatar image
Martin asked

Unable to connect to playfab server

Hi

I'm having an issue at the moment that I'm not able to connect to any of my running game instances. I'm using the hosted playfab servers. I'm using the RequestMultiplayerServer API, which returns the server, and I've checked that the server is running correctly on the web api, however when I try to connect to the returned server, I'm unable to connect.

I've checked that the ports are registered, and are being forwarded correctly, but the server logs have no record of any attempt to connect.

I've tried connecting locally, which works, also using the local multiplayer test agent, I can connect fine using the exact same setup. I have also tried with both Linux and Windows servers with the exact same result.

the title ID is 846DB and I've tried with many builds over the last 2 days, but stilling having this issue. Strange thing is, I was working with this fine last week, and didn't have a problem. Do you have any idea what the issue might be?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

I suspect that the issue happens on the client-side, would you please share a fiddler capture showing the specifics of the network behavior when the client is trying to connect to the server?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Martin avatar image
Martin answered

I think I've found this issue, it looks like we were getting the wrong port

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

itsjustnils avatar image itsjustnils commented ·

This is probably going past unnoticed, but I'll give it a shot anyway:

How did you find out which port you should use?

I'm running into the exact same problem where my local test setup works perfectly, but I'm unable to connect to the deployed version of my server.

It's all running as windows processes (so not containers, this I can't even seem to get working properly with a local setup, connection-wise). I check which ports I'm getting back when requesting the server (or when inspecting the specific instance of the server), but no luck yet.

Hope someone will see this and share some insights, cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios itsjustnils commented ·

Posting here for completeness:
- for the server to find out which port it should be initialized, it should be using the GSDK like this: MpsSamples/AgentListener.cs at main PlayFab/MpsSamples (github.com)
- for the client to find out which port it should connect to, it should connect to the IP:PORT tuple returned by the RequestMultiplayerServer API

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.