question

macrochipgames avatar image
macrochipgames asked

Facebook friends disappearing every once in a while

I have already reported this before but apparently, it was not fixed.

Every once in a while, my Facebook friends list will be empty, both in the web UI and in code. I'm attaching two screenshots taken at the same time. One is my wife's profile and the other is my own. You can see that my profile appears in her friends list, but my friends list is empty.

https://i.imgur.com/rvYfI0z.png

https://i.imgur.com/DOtEqwO.png

The title ID is: 4A90

FriendsPartner Add-ons
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Could you please tell us how long does the friend list appear before disappearing? Login With Facebook API signs the user in using a Facebook access token that has an expiration time. The possible reason that causes the friend list of Facebook disappears is the Facebook access token has expired.

You can check the Facebook official docs Access Tokens to learn more about the access tokens’ lifetime. Generally, Short-lived tokens that used in PlayFab API have a lifetime of about an hour or two.

For remaining the friend lists from Facebook, the recommended practice is to add the friends from Facebook to this player’s PlayFab friend list via API AddFriend. Notably, friendship on PlayFab is a one-way street. Both sides should separately add each other as a PlayFab friend. Or you can design the silent login mechanism of Facebook to update the access token automatically.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

macrochipgames avatar image
macrochipgames answered

In several instances, I've had a situation where every user's friend list became empty for a few hours and then it was back.

In this current instance, I was able to get my friend list back by logging out of Facebook and logging back in, so it must have been related to the access token expiring, as you suggested.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.