question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Account Recovery

deadstarcgs
started a topic on Mon, 10 November 2014 at 11:03 PM

Having some issues with the account recovery API call. It seems to send off fine, I get the account recovery email with a link to follow to reset my password, but then all that loads is a blank page.

If I go to the Developer Console login page (https://developer.playfab.com/) and use the forgotten password link there, I'm able to reset my user's passwords without issue.

I'm using Unity 3D for my development and here's the code I'm running;

public void SendAccountRecoveryEmail ()
    {
        SendAccountRecoveryEmailRequest request = new SendAccountRecoveryEmailRequest();
        request.TitleId = PlayFabData.TitleId;
        request.Email = EmailField.text.ToString ();

PlayFabClientAPI.SendAccountRecoveryEmail (request, OnSendAccountRecoveryEmailResult, OnPlayFabError);
    }

No urgency on this one, still more than 6 months away from launch.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 11 November 2014 at 3:43 PM

Thanks for calling that out, Mike! The endpoint our password reset email sends you to was temporarily unavailable, but we've fixed the issue. The link should work fine, now.

Brendan

2 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 11 November 2014 at 3:43 PM

Thanks for calling that out, Mike! The endpoint our password reset email sends you to was temporarily unavailable, but we've fixed the issue. The link should work fine, now.

Brendan

deadstarcgs said on Tue, 11 November 2014 at 4:29 PM

Working perfectly now guys, love your work!

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andyspeak1993 avatar image andyspeak1993 commented ·

hey using the same code but getting error null?? in unity 5

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andyspeak1993 commented ·

Can you please provide the code snippet showing how you're making the call, the values of the parameters you're passing in, and the complete error response you get back, with the error details?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.