question

lucaferrara avatar image
lucaferrara asked

Unity / LoginWithKongregate Unknown Error

Hi, after being able to login with custom id on local build, I've tried the LoginWithKongregate on a kongregate build but it fails with a 'Unknown Error' log message.

I've provided userId and authCode and I've configured the kongregate addon on the playfab game dashboard with the secret key of the game.

The game on kongregate is still on development (so not published) and I'm trying to access with my own kongregate account (game owner / developer)

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

I've identified the issue. There is a problem with the CompressApiData in WebGL, and we will have to internally see if it is possible to use this feature with WebGL.

For now the workaround is to turn this feature off.

you can also do this via code.

PlayFabSettings.CompressApiData = false;

Thanks

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lucaferrara avatar image lucaferrara commented ·

Hi thanks!

It seems to work fine now, at least with the LoginWithCustomID call.

This evening I'll try with the real game on Kongregate using the LoginWithKongregateID flow but I expect it should work fine too ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you provide the full details of the error response you're getting back, including the errorDetails? What Title ID is this for?

9 comments
10 |1200

Well I've used the default overrided ToString() method of PlayFabError that should log also httpCode and error details, but the output log is:

PlayFabError(InternalServerError, Unknown Error., 0)

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi, can I just post here the playfab title id? no secutiry issues?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi. I've tried to force a "loginWithKongregate" from a local unity editor execution forcing to use the userId and gameAuthToken retrieved on the kongragate build (I've logged them and set in my local build): it worked, so the problem seems to be in the webgl build somehow.

Can you suggest something I could have misconfigured in the webGL build? or something else?

Thank you in advance...

Luca

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi, after further investigation I can confirm that the problem it's in the webgl build where it doesnt' work either the LoginWithcustomId call. I've tried with a local webgl build using different browsers and the result it's always the same.

I have to add that I'm using in the same build another 3rd party skd that exchange information with a remote servers without any similar issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan lucaferrara commented ·

Yes, can you please let us know which Title ID you're testing? The Title ID is not a secret for a game, so it's not an issue to post it in the forums. The Secret Key, however, you should always protect - you never want anyone outside your team to have that.

0 Likes 0 ·
lucaferrara avatar image lucaferrara brendan commented ·

Title Id is 3DB8

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Hi, in attachment a simple unity project showing the problem.

It includes the playfab sdk, a script used to make login ecc. and another that shows debug infos on screen.

The login is done through LoginWithCustomId, providing a valid custom id string.

If the project is played in editor it successfully login on playfab. If instead I build and run a webgl version I get the InternalServerError.

0 Likes 0 ·
testplayfab.zip (336.3 KiB)
lucaferrara avatar image lucaferrara lucaferrara commented ·

Sorry, it was missing the main scene, I had to re upload the project.

I forgot to tell: the unity version I'm using is 5.3.5f1

0 Likes 0 ·
playfabtest.zip (342.7 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.