question

Cody Brunty avatar image
Cody Brunty asked

Is there a better way to view player data or statistics or the ability to export data?

Our studio runs a puzzle game where the players data and statistics are stored on playfab. We want to be able to access that data or use that data to be able to calculate things like the average amount of time to complete a puzzle or the average amount of puzzles completed by all of our users. We were under the impression by collecting this data with playfab it would be easy to be able to use it to make our game better but we cant find any actual way to export this data or set up our own graphs inside of playfab that shows off what we want. Anyone mind pointing me in the right direction.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

You may use Data feature of PlayFab to do the statistics work, however, this feature is based on PlayFab PlayStream Events. If you simply export the entire data of a player, it won’t be convenient for analysis. Hence, I recommend to generate the corresponding events for example, amount of time to complete a puzzle, when a game is finished by a player so that you may use Kusto language in PlayFab Explorer to create advanced query. Otherwise, you may also use Event Archive or the new Event Export feature so that you won’t miss any of them (PlayFab Explorer can only access 30 days of events).

All these features can be access at [Game Manager] -> [Data].

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cody Brunty avatar image Cody Brunty commented ·

So I have 8 stats on each player at the moment is there a way to export every player and there stats to a spreadsheet?

edit: I have found what I am looking for thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.