question

brianjirvin avatar image
brianjirvin asked

UE4 Blueprint LoginWithXbox

This is my second post concerning this issue of invalid xbox token. In my first post it was stated that I had to link xbox to play fab on the back end. I am part of the creator program and have yet to get an instructions on how to do that. Now that Xbox is a native service of playfab or the other way around its on me. I have yet to also find the GetToken any where in the PlayFab Plugin for UE4 using blueprints. So am I right to assume that I have to download the SDK and use C++? So if there is to be any linking on the back end will someone please give me some how to instructions since there is no documentation on this either with play fab or on the creators program side of things.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Please understand that PlayFab won’t handle the retrieving token process for Xbox and what PlayFab will do is using an existing valid XboxToken to log into PlayFab account.

“GetToken” process should be done by Xbox Live SDK/XDK. May I ask have you looked for corresponding methods from XBOX related SDK? You may also refer to XBOX documentation or contact XBOX technical support if you have trouble in getting an XBOX token.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brianjirvin avatar image brianjirvin commented ·

Yeah and when I add the sdk in visual studio to actually get the token I cant even include the header file and compile plus it says something about the target being windows when the sdk calls some uwp junk. And I did include the correct package. Not even sure why I wasted my time with this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ brianjirvin commented ·

Have you checked this sample from PlayFab repository: https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFab-Samples/tree/master/Samples/Xbox?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.