question

glen avatar image
glen asked

New Pricing and Limits

I just noticed the update to the pricing structure. In general I like it better than the previous setup as it's easier to understand yet has flexibility for individual needs. A question I do have is; what limit increases are given if one signs up for the one of the Premium Support Packages? Has you team decided on that part yet and if there will be any limit increases with Premium Support Packages?

Also, looking at Cloud Script size limit upgrade, it might be nice to have an additional tier which sits between the free 50k bytes and the $19.99 200k bytes. A tier at 100k bytes maybe.

I also noticed that the limit "Player data updates per request" doesn't have an upgrade option.. Would be nice to see one for that. Ultimately, and your team may have already planned this, it would be nice to have an upgrade option for every limit.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, we are currently considering an update to the support plans which would include limit upgrades as part of a "package". If you're interested in previewing that (and providing us feedback), please let us know at devrel@playfab.com.

For player data updates per request, that's correct - we're not offering upgrades to that at this time. The issue is that a large number of small keys being modified at once is far less efficient than a small number of larger keys, and at the extreme limits (many large keys) it can actually result in delays in response times.

For the size of the upgrades, because we're just offering the one upgrade level to start (for now), we wanted to make sure it met the needs of the majority of users. And, to be honest, a tier that was only 2x the size of the free tier felt kind of wrong. :)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

glen avatar image glen commented ·

Good to know, thanks for the info. I understand going to 200k bytes for the cloud script limit tier given that there is only 1 upgrade tier at the moment. But in the future it would be beneficial for developers to have additional tiers like the 100k bytes and of course higher if that is functional..

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.