question

Sebastian Sacher avatar image
Sebastian Sacher asked

Where can I get more support or documentation for IAP on Steam?

Hi!

I'm currently trying to implement IAP for the Steam platform but it seems more complicated then I thought. My problems so far:

1.) Wrong currency shown in Steam popup. I would like it to show the local currency. I already read old posts about emailing you about that but I cant find any way to contact you via mail since its not possible anymor

2.) Is there a way to get the calculated currencies from Steam directly?

3.) If NOT is it possible to just use steams Item service for RM purchases and inform playfab about a purchase?

I also have many issues with steam popup not showing up in build but I think thats more steam related?

Thanks for your help!

In-Game Economysupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> I already read old posts about emailing you about that but I cant find any way to contact you via mail since its not possible anymore

We are deprecating direct email support. You can check this post PlayFab Support Overview for more details of the current PlayFab support. Ticketed support is available for our Indie, Pro, and Enterprise tier customers. If your studio is one of those tiers, you can navigate to [Game Manager] -> (?) > [Contact Us] to submit a ticketed support to us.

>> Is there a way to get the calculated currencies from Steam directly? If NOT is it possible to just use steams Item service for RM purchases and inform playfab about a purchase?

Steam API should provide the way to get the local currencies from Steam, you can try to search for it in the Steam official documentation and Steam developer forum. PlayFab provides a mechanism for enabling purchases via payment providers such as Steam. It needs to use RM as purchase currency. RM is designed for such usages.

Please check this document Non-Receipt Payment Processing, especially this section Establishing the payment provider: Non-webhook providers to learn more aboutintegrating the Steam payment provider with PlayFab.

Registered Steam developers can get further information on this process at this location: https://partner.steamgames.com/documentation/MicroTxn#WebPurchasing. As this Steam documentation said, you can call GetUserInfo() in the ISteamMicroTxn API to get information about the user, such as the country where the user is connecting from to make their purchase and the currency code of the user’s Steam Wallet.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sebastian Sacher avatar image Sebastian Sacher commented ·

Hey Sarah! Thanks for your answer!

As we are currently in free tier I can not create a ticket for that: where can I ask to activate the currency conversion service? Our ID is E2832.

Regarding the payment process with Steam I got it somehow running but at the PlayFabClientAPI.ConfirmPurchase step it fails because the OrderID I get from Steam via OnMicroTxnAuthorizationResponse is not the same as the one I got from Playfab.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sebastian Sacher avatar image Sebastian Sacher commented ·

Update: I got it running now by saving the playfab OrderID. Still feels not quite right and maybe it would be better to update the documentation about it. Would still be appreciated if you can enable the currency conversion.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Sebastian Sacher commented ·

PlayFab does not provide the currency conversion service, it should be provided by the payment providers, such as Steam.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sebastian Sacher avatar image Sebastian Sacher Sarah Zhang commented ·

I am referring to this. https://community.playfab.com/questions/15898/using-steam-purchasing-with-non-usd-prices.html

This is why I asked how I can/should contact you guys in the beginning.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sebastian Sacher avatar image
Sebastian Sacher answered

Hey! Any chance to get this solved? I just want items shown in local currency to be sold in local currency via Steam.

As I understand PlayFab manages the communication to Steam via web requests and by default communicates this in USD. I know I can also create my own items with prices in Steam and to the purchase stuff on my own but how would I link those Items to PlayFab items then?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.