question

DHHD avatar image
DHHD asked

Cloudscript and Azure Function Price

Hello PlayFab team,

I have some questions about the new price.

1. CloudScript has an average new price of $ 0.2 / million for calls.

I understand that this is Cloudscript of PlayFab. But if I use Azure Function, besides the cost for Azure Function, do I have to pay for PlayFab when I generate an Azure Function call from the Client?

2. Webhooks, Scheduled Tasks And Rules of Automation how priced. I do not see updates to its price.

Thank you.

CloudScriptwebhookstasks
screenshot-1.png (18.4 KiB)
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DHHD avatar image DHHD commented ·

@Brendan Can you help me?

0 Likes 0 ·
DHHD avatar image DHHD DHHD commented ·

Can someone answer my question?

0 Likes 0 ·
DHHD avatar image DHHD DHHD commented ·

Can someone answer my question?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

CloudScript executions include ExecuteFunction API calls, actions & rules, and scheduled tasks. Total executions are metered based on the total number of these CloudScript executions that are processed by PlayFab. You may see the details on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/meters/meters.

For more information about these executions, see Server-Side Cloud Script - Execution Function, Actions & Rules, and Scheduled Tasks.

In terms of Webhooks, Scheduled Tasks And Rules of Automation, please navigate to [Game Manager] -> [title settings] -> [limits] for more information

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DHHD avatar image DHHD commented ·

Thanks for your information.

I want to ask one more thing. I noticed that instructions to call ExecuteFunction from the Client should be limited to 1-2 times per minute. My client calls ExecuteFunction to Azure Function about 5 times per minute, does it affect PlayFab and cause any restrictions?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ DHHD commented ·

I don't find any specific limit for ExecuteFunction API call frequency. It should have the same limit as other client API calls. Otherwise, it depends on the contents inside the functions, for example execution time. In a word, even though the recommended scenario is that reduce the frequency of client API, I don't think call Azure function 5 times per minutes will have any bad influence on PlayFab service, since now PlayFab is using calculation gigabyte seconds and amount of executions for measuring usage.

1 Like 1 ·
DHHD avatar image DHHD Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thank you so much

0 Likes 0 ·
Ben Vissotzky avatar image Ben Vissotzky commented ·

Does this mean that calling cloudscript ExecuteFunction will incur playfab cloudscript costs, plus azure function execution costs? Even if the cloudscript in question was in Azure?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ben Vissotzky avatar image Ben Vissotzky commented ·

Meaning... do you pay twice for every cloudscript execution if you are using azure functions and not vanilla cloudscript?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Ben Vissotzky commented ·

No, they will share the same resource and won't pay twice.

0 Likes 0 ·
Greg Quinn avatar image Greg Quinn Seth Du ♦ commented ·

@SethDu But how does MS know that my Azure Functions are being used by PlayFab, and that I'm not calling them from another client? I take it then when they see it's a request from PlayFab, they don't bill separately for the Azure Function call then?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.