question

brianjirvin avatar image
brianjirvin asked

Authenticating with XBox Live

I see the Api call "Authentication - Login with Xbox" which I am assuming is xbox live. Currently I have a simple Unreal Project that can create a login using the generic username and password on PlayFab. Is there any setup required outside of the UE4 Quick start guide? I do have a Creator account with Microsoft.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For PlayFab authentication using Xbox Live, you need to authorize PlayFab via your game's settings on XDP. It is not necessary to set the Xbox Live add-on in the Playfab Game Manager. Besides, you need to implement an Xbox Live authentication sample on Unreal. You need to pass the XboxToken that provided by the Xbox Live SDK/XDK method GetTokenAndSignatureAsync in the request body of API LoginWithXbox.

Please look at the Xbox Live Samples, and the Xbox Live developer docs to learn the best practice of Xbox Live Services API. For more professional supports about Xbox Live authentication on Unreal 4, please navigate to official forums of Unreal and Xbox Live.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brianjirvin avatar image brianjirvin commented ·

Ok guess its back to C++. Was trying to do this in blueprints just to get it working. I came across an example and also mentioned Authorizing on XDP but it used the creators program instead of the full fledge ID@Xbox. Can you tell me exactly where to authorize, as I didn't see that in the instructions. And honestly the only thing that I found was relying agents.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang brianjirvin commented ·

We have a sample in our GitHub repo that can be a reference. For more detailed info about XboxLive development, you can navigate to the Xbox Live Dev MSDN forum to join the discussion.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.