question

natepac avatar image
natepac asked

PlayFab / Mirror / Unity Multiplayer Hosting Document

Hey everyone, this isn't a question, but this is a post to help those of you trying to get a Unity multiplayer hosted game up and running on PlayFab. You can check out my doc here: https://bit.ly/2xpIcsV Feedback and comments welcome! I wish I had this weeks ago when I started digging into this and I hope it helps others out there. If anyone at PlayFab wants to talk to me about this, get in touch. Thanks!

unity3dCustom Game Serversgame managerfeedbackdocumentation
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kris Akins avatar image Kris Akins commented ·

I got this working also. However the confusing part was finding the port number. The project did not run in the editor using the server configuration. It kept saying it was missing an environment variable, I think for GSDK even though I installed the SDK.

So I just ran the remote client configuration, found my server's IP address in my PlayFab title settings and guessed at the port number (30001). It worked after that. It'd be nice if the port number was more transparent in playfab.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Thanks for the sharing.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.