question

Austin Gaudet avatar image
Austin Gaudet asked

Update User Data via Blueprints in UE4?

Hey there!

First post, so a bit unsure on what space this should be in, but I'm currently trying to update user data in PlayFab while using UE4's Blueprints and I'm kinda unsure on how to do it currently. I was trying this

But to no avail, it wasn't working for me.

I would love some guidance on this please!

Cheers.

Player Dataunreal
rswao4l.png (265.1 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

According to the documentation, there are 3 properties in the UpdateUserData API request, which are Data, KeysToRemove and permission. In Blueprint, KeysToRemove and Permission is pre-defined by SDK in the request, and it means that you only need to define the Data variable.

You need to define a Variable, whose type is “Play Fab JSON Object”, then set values for it. I recommend you can craft a Blueprint Functions for later use, because there can be different variables for this object.

After that you may log into an account and call UpdateUserData API:

Just remember process the Data object before it is used.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Austin Gaudet avatar image Austin Gaudet commented ·

Thanks a million! This helps a lot!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.