question

Doug H avatar image
Doug H asked

Multiplayer Servers 2.0 Free Regions

Hello,

With regards to the Multiplayer 2.0 servers can you only deploy in regions other than US East or West if you upgrade your title to the base $99/month rate? I'm considering using this instead of my current solution (Photon PUN + Cloudscript) but if the cost is $99 a month plus server costs it will likely be significantly more expensive to setup servers in multiple regions.

Also, I'm slightly confused about the included allowance of cores vs. time. In the development state for example my quota is 16 Av2 or 8 Dv2 cores, and it looks like I can only deploy in US East or West. However under your pricing comparison it shows the 'free' tier has 1500 Fv2 hours, so I'm wondering how those two bits of information correlate.

I am developing a small (max 6 players per lobby) racing game where each round lasts only 3-4 mins max, and I'm trying to get my mind around costs before I go any further. I expect my per-instance server load will be very low, but will need servers in locations other than the US to keep latency down.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Multiplayer server is charged independently and is based on the computing hours of your servers, for more details, you may refer to the documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead. Basically different subscription tiers are for different requirements and capability of data storage/limits of a title. Meanwhile multiplayer server will be more flexible because it depends on the players’ activity and it is the reason why is doesn’t have a solid price.

Titles in new pricing tier will have different quota than in the legacy pricing model, and the computing hours for development (1500 Fv2 hours) will be provided in the new pricing title. You may consider upgrade manually.

If you have requirements to increase quota in some regions, please feel free to submit a support ticket to us (paid tiers only) or contact the sales team via the email address on the multiplayer server configuration page.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Doug H avatar image Doug H commented ·

Thank you for your reply SethDu, however I'm still slightly confused - I've upgraded an 'old' title and created a new title for testing purposes, and it sounds like you're saying I should be able to spin up servers in whatever region I want and be billed for that independently? However, my quota says 'For evaluation purposes, titles can utilize a maximum of 16 Av2 cores and 8 Dv2 cores', and I can only create regions on US East and US West.

So how do I setup servers in other regions? Do I have to upgrade my account to the $99 Standard plan? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious!

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Doug H commented ·

To modify the quota, you can reach out to our sales team using the Contact Us form on the PlayFab main site: https://playfab.com/contact/. If you are paid tier user, you may submit a support ticket to us.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.