question

Massimo Frasson avatar image
Massimo Frasson asked

Switch SDK Beta Access

Hi,

What is the procedure to be granted the Switch beta access?

I am already registered as a licensed developer (I did the verifications many months ago).

I've been told to ask here from the Nintendo forum: https://developer.nintendo.com/group/development/g1kr9vj6/forums/english/-/gts_message_boards/thread/297023389 .

In particular, we'd like to try the new Switch login integration.

Cheers,
Massimo

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ahmed Abdullah avatar image Ahmed Abdullah commented ·

Hey @Brendan,

Sorry I tried to make a post but accidently kept placing an answer instead of a comment.

So I'm facing the same issues as the the users on this Nintendo Forum post:

https://developer.nintendo.com/group/development/g1kr9vj6/forums/english/-/gts_message_boards/thread/297023389

First, looking for clarity on what a "Nintendo Switch Account Client Id" is and where to retrieve it? Right now seems to be most guesses are using the Application Id (without the 0x) on our OMAS servers.

Other is when we make the API call we get the following error:

{ "code": 403, "status": "Forbidden", "error": "NotAuthorized", "errorCode": 1089, "errorMessage": "The issuer does not match the expected Nintendo Switch environment URL\r\nParameter name: Issuer" }

To clarify, we already took steps to get verification through Nintendo Portal, we also sent message to Support Team through Contact Us. They seem to not be too aware of the new API call.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Switch login isn't a beta or private. It's in the public SDKs. Here's the link to the login call docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/client/authentication/loginwithnintendoswitchdeviceid?view=playfab-rest

It's only if you need the Party libs for Switch that you'd need to contact us after confirming you are a registered developer.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Massimo Frasson avatar image Massimo Frasson commented ·

Hi @Brendan,

I'm asking access to the new LoginWithNintendoSwitchAccountRequest.

Quoting Paul Gilmore from the post linked in my original question:

We have recently added a Nintendo Login that uses OpenID protocols.
It is currently in beta: LoginWithNintendoSwitchAccountRequest
It is complete, and it uses [...].
It's in beta because the setup is still a bit complex, and we haven't finished the documentation. But otherwise it works, and is linked to an active User Profile, rather than the device.
If you're interested in using this, you'll need access to a Beta-Switch PlayFab SDK.
You can request beta access in our forums (Also requires confirming you're a licensed Switch developer).

I've omitted some potentially sensible technical information.

From my understanding, I had to ask here about the beta access.

Is there another procedure to follow to gain access to that feature?

Cheers,

Massimo

0 Likes 0 ·
Massimo Frasson avatar image Massimo Frasson commented ·

Hi @Brendan,

probably I didn't tag you correctly in the previous comment.

If I did, sorry for the spam!

Cheers,
Massimo

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

We've got this sorted for the OP, but for any others: If you need access to the beta SDK containing these bits, please make sure you have gone through the process in the Nintendo developer portal to notify us of your registered developer status, then either open a ticket in the Game Manager (if you're in any paid tier) or use the Contact Us form in the main PlayFab site to send us the name of your company (as it would be sent to us from Nintendo) and your GitHub usernames.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ahmed Abdullah avatar image
Ahmed Abdullah answered

Hey @Brendan,

We followed the steps of requesting access through the Nintendo Developer Portal, we also used Contact Us to get help on the API Call and Add On.

The Support Team seemed to be unaware of the new API call, and didn't have a direct answer.

I'm having the same issues as devs are having on this post on the Nintendo Forums:

https://developer.nintendo.com/group/development/g1kr9vj6/forums/english/-/gts_message_boards/thread/297023389

Not sure what to enter for the "Nintendo Switch Account Client Id" on the Add-On, or where to find it. Myself and others seems to made the guess its the "Application Id" without the 0x on our OMAS servers. Not sure if that's correct.

Secondly, when I use the API call, I get the following error:

{ "code": 403, "status": "Forbidden", "error": "NotAuthorized", "errorCode": 1089, "errorMessage": "The issuer does not match the expected Nintendo Switch environment URL\r\nParameter name: Issuer" }

Not sure if that has to do with wrong Client Id or Environment param. Tried a few things but couldn't get it working. Any assistance would be great. Seems like others are confused as well.

Thanks!

1 comment
10 |1200

We cannot post the details of the IDs or environments here, as that's all under NDA with Nintendo. In their portal, search on Nintendo Platform Environment, and you should find the info you need. I've posted a response to the thread in the Nintendo Developer Portal to help with this.

0 Likes 0 ·
omer avatar image
omer answered

Hello,

I am also stuck with what is Nintendo Switch client ID.I have three alternatives for this. First one is application id which is 0x01..(18 digits). Second one is I have created NSA account which is 16 digits(77a ...). Third one is my Game Server ID (2...) on Nintendo which is 8 digits. Which one is the right? Could you help me please?

1 comment
10 |1200

As stated above, we're not allowed to post details of the Nintendo system in our public forums. Please use the Nintendo developer portal's forums - the thread linked above.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.