question

mariogarranz avatar image
mariogarranz asked

Facebook Instant Games - Is it possible to retrieve friends data?

I am developing a Facebook Instant Game.

I can get a list of users that are friends of the current player on FB Instant, but then I want to retrieve some information from them that is stored in their entities in PlayFab, however I could not find a way to do this.

First I would need a way to associate the PlayFab entities according to their Facebook IG id, and then retrieve other entities data from the player session.

Is this possible or am I trying to do something that's not supported at all?

Player DataentitiesFriendssupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

If you can call GetPlayFabIDsFromFacebookInstantGamesIds API to retrieve PlayFab ID. Title player account ID can be retrieved via GetTitlePlayersFromMasterPlayerAccountIds API, and after that, call entity related API.

Based on current situation, you may send a thread on Feature Request forum if it doesn’t exist, and more votes can help with priority.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mariogarranz avatar image
mariogarranz answered

Thank you very much SethDu, that sounds exactly like the kind of functionality I was needing.

I will give it a try!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.