question

Alberto Gomez avatar image
Alberto Gomez asked

Playfab Notifications might be interfering with other notification plugins

Hi!

I'm using OneSignal plugin (Unity) for push notifications. I had a problem in which when I sent a push notification, it sends 2 instead of 1. I asked them about this issue and they told me that this never happened to them and that it might be a problem related to another plugin receiving push notifications.
I was wondering if Playfab plugin for Unity could be the cause of this double notifications, and if there is a way to tell the plugin to stop listening to push notifications.

I attach a screenshot of what is happening:

As you can see there is a blank notification on top and the right notification under it.

Thanks,
Alberto

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zac Bragg avatar image
Zac Bragg Deactivated answered

Hey Alberto,

If you are using OneSignal's Unity Plugin, then you will not need the PlayFab Android plugin. Remove all of the PlayFab plugin files in this directory and ensure that all references to the plugin have been removed in your AndroidManifest.

I imagine that OneSignal has a different push message syntax than us, causing our plugin to use blank data after a message is received. Let us know if you continue to have issues.

Happy Developing!

Zac

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alberto Gomez avatar image
Alberto Gomez answered

Thanks Zac it worked perfectly! :)

Can I also safely erase the files on the iOS plugin folder? (as I'm going to use OneSignal also for iOS notifications)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.