question

SniperED007 avatar image
SniperED007 asked

Mutliplayer - how to get servers to join to?

I've uploaded my build for Multiplayer, and it currently says "Deployed" and 0 active and 1 in standby.

But what do I do now?

How do I get my game to get the list of Servers available to join from PlayFab?

I want to have a list of Rooms/Servers in my game and let the player select one to join, or create their own one.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

You have mentioned a feature more like Lobby, which is currently not supported by PlayFab matchmaking system. You may consider implementing an agent server to host a matchmaking system with lobby feature. Please also feel free to send a thread on Feature Request forum if there is no existing one.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

@edwarddennekamp To list the servers you have that are active and connect to them, I think you would need to do the following:

1. Call ListBuildSummaries from the Multiplayer API to obtain a list of Build Summaries (with Build IDs)

2. Call ListMultiplayerServers from the Multiplayer API with the Build IDs from before

3. Call RequestMultiplayerServer from the Multiplayer API to allocate a server and get the IP and Port to connect to

4. Connect to the server using the multiplayer system you've implemented in your game.

3 comments
10 |1200

SniperED007 avatar image SniperED007 commented ·

I get the following error when calling PlayFabMultiplayerAPI.ListBuildSummaries from my game:

/MultiplayerServer/ListBuildSummaries: This API must be enabled for client access in the Game Manager API Features settings

0 Likes 0 ·
natepac avatar image natepac SniperED007 commented ·

Yup, you need to enable it in your PlayFab web console as it's an additional API Feature.

0 Likes 0 ·
SniperED007 avatar image SniperED007 natepac commented ·

Which one?

0 Likes 0 ·
natepac avatar image
natepac answered

You know, my apologies. I just assumed it would be straightforward. But I believe it could be this setting in your Title Settings. options.png

options.png (44.0 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

SniperED007 avatar image SniperED007 commented ·

That's a bit misleading. As I don't want the players to be able to start games, only view and join servers?

0 Likes 0 ·
natepac avatar image natepac SniperED007 commented ·

Right, then you want to look into the match making functionality. I am not a pro at this yet as I am looking into it soon. @Brandon Phillips may have more to say on this. But you can check it out here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/multiplayer/matchmaking?view=playfab-rest

0 Likes 0 ·
natepac avatar image
natepac answered

Also you may want to check you settings within the PlayFab Editor Extension within your Unity Project. You can find it under Window -> PlayFab -> Editor Extensions apitab.png

apitab.png (23.8 KiB)
10 |1200

natepac avatar image
natepac answered

Comment has been deleted. (I was wrong about my answer)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.