question

michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb asked

New pricing

Dear all,

so sad I've seen the new pricing system. Currently I am on the essential tier for good reasons. I am the classic indie dev, trying to built up something slowing and trying to improve my app/game continuously, also to offer my "customers" are fresh and enjoyable time. At the same time it#s also the case, that you will be compared to large/professionals that can easily offer services like leaderboards, authentication, awards.....things for which you need "professional" services which you cannot afford as an indie as you usually don't have the audience and thus the ability to monetize your game.

With the new pricing, it makes it even harder. Up to 10,000 account is such a low mark which makes it really hard to achieve anything meaningful. As an example I make a promotion so that lots of new players install and register for the app. But there are also players that just register, play once and after that leave forever. But if I am not wrong these players also count and could lead that the limit of 10k account get exceeded. Is that possible to delete "unused" account to comply with the account limit?

I also appreciate that you allow indies to use more services which was not the case on the original essential (if i did not misunderstand anything here eg party chat...).

Unfortunately it's always the same with MS products, to me it appears that MS is more focused on professionals/large corps and forgets about the same indies which is kind of sad.

Hopefully you can bring some light into the new limits.

'Many thanks and best wishes,

michael

pricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, yes, if you use the delete API call to remove inactive accounts, that does bring the total number of player accounts down.

As to features, the Party feature is now in general availability, yes, but the more significant part of the change to the new pricing is that all developers have access to the higher limits, even when they're in development mode (as opposed to the legacy Essentials tier).

But really, the pricing change isn't about the size of the companies. It's about the size of the games and their usage. We continue to want to provide the best backend tools and technologies possible for developers of all sizes, but we've reached a point where we have to be realistic that we have to have the costs be based on actual usage.

And that said, we're actively listening to all the feedback from our community and we continue to discuss this internally.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.