question

Andy Metcalfe avatar image
Andy Metcalfe asked

Servers 2.0 Build Deployment failing: Unhealthy, ProppingFailed

Hi,

I've been using the Multiplayer Server API to upload game assets to PlayFab over the last few days (I request the upload URL and do a PUT chunked upload with file segments of 1mb). However when I use the uploaded assets in new builds (either created with the API or the website), the builds end up in a state of "Unhealthy", and whilst they are being deployed a VM starts and ends with the status of "ProppingFailed".

I'm assuming that the asset upload is failing resulting in a corrupted game asset which cannot be started, as when I upload the same asset via the website and use it in a build, it all works fine.

Is there any way to debug the file upload process/any where I can browse the uploaded files/any logs you can provide?

Cheers,

Andy

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

@Andy Metcalfe I've only ever seen ProppingFailed when trying to use a file that hasn't fully uploaded (like you suggested). I wrote a tool that lets you upload your assets to PF and will show you progress (if your .zip is under around 100mb, otherwise it won't show upload progress but will still upload). If you're interested, you can try it out. https://github.com/bphillips09/PFAdmin

Note that if you use it to just upload and manage builds (Asset Management) and not actually creating builds, you don't need any of the dependencies (Docker or PowerShell), as those are needed only to create build containers.

Also, if you want to upload it using your own code, you can take a look at how I do it with the Azure Storage API. The code is here, the relevant functions would be ConfirmUpload() and UploadToAzure()

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy Metcalfe avatar image Andy Metcalfe commented ·

Hi Brandon, thanks for that - that is a great help. I think my failing is trying to do the upload manually without the Azure libraries, I'll have to leave my attempt to understand what goes on behind the scene to a time when I can actually see the cloud storage account on the other side of the upload!

Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.