question

ky avatar image
ky asked

Prevent client from accessing player entity objects?

Hi there,

I'm new to playfab. I'm making a game and I want to store some private data in entity objects because these data will be accessed frequently. Is there anyway to make the data only able to be read or written via cloudscript? I tried to edit the policy but this method also denies server from accessing the data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Could you please share your policy that’s not working? And, the following policy should meet your requirements – the title entity (server) can access it while the title_player_account entity can’t :

{
    "Action": "*",
    "Effect": "Deny",
    "Resource": "pfrn:data--*![SELF]/Profile/*",
    "Principal": {
        "EntityType": "title_player_account",
        "EntityId": "*"
    },
    "Comment": " deny player entity self-access",
    "Condition": null
    }

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ky avatar image ky commented ·

Thanks, I tried and it worked! But could you explain the meaning of the "*![SELF]" and the Principal? I'm a little bit confused. Thank you very much! The statement that's not working I tried before is the following:
{

"Action" : "*"

"Effect" : "Deny",

"Resource" : "pfrn:data--*!*/Profile/*",

"Principal" : null,

"Comment" : ''",
"Condition" : null

}

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan ky commented ·

[SELF] means that the policy only applies if the resource is owned directly be the caller. Principals match not just on the caller, but a relationship between the caller and the entity being accessed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan ky commented ·

Currently, docs on Entity Policy is not available, please keep an eye on the doc portal for any new updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
ky avatar image ky Citrus Yan commented ·

So what about the "*!" before [SELF]. And does this mean that other players can call api to access this player's resources? If yes how can I deny all access from clients (both owner and others) and just allow access via cloudscript?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.