question

davitmkrtchyan96 avatar image
davitmkrtchyan96 asked

Pricing Update.

I read about the new pricing model and I'm currently using the free pricing model.

What If I won't update to a new model? Will I be able to use the old free tier for free forever? Even if my player account amount surpasses the 10K limit? Or is the upgrade to the new pricing model is forced?

pricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

All customers will be transitioned to the new plan on September 30th, 2020. Since titles will be in Development Mode by default, the player numbers will be limited to 10,000. Your title will not allow creating new players by then if you have exceeded this limit, however, it should have no effects on the existing ones. If there are any issues, please feel free to let us know.

Please check the official blog: https://blog.playfab.com/blog/level-up-with-azure-playfab. In addition, please visit playfab.com and our pricing documentation for more information.

If you have high MAU titles and want to look into whether you would save money switching now, you can reach out to our sales team using the Contact Us form on the PlayFab main site: https://playfab.com/contact/.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davitmkrtchyan96 avatar image davitmkrtchyan96 commented ·

Hi, your answer was not clear enough for me.
I have a title already created, and I'm using the old Free pricing model. Will I be forced to use the new one on September 30th?

Yes or no question.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ davitmkrtchyan96 commented ·

Yes. Your title will be in "Free to start" plan with Development mode by then.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ davitmkrtchyan96 commented ·

If you have any concerns, you are welcome to consult the sales team. PlayFab still offers 10,000 players for free, meanwhile we provide 10 titles for free. It is very enough for development testing and even for a live mini mobile game. You may also delete the inactive players from time to time to maintain the capacity. Please feel free to tell us if you have any business impact on it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.