question

KO JunYeoul avatar image
KO JunYeoul asked

How to increase the count of Virtual Currency?

First, I'm not good at english. sry...

I'm using free version title.

And I want to use more than 8 kinds of virtual currencies.

How many kinds of currency if I use premium services?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

How many do you need? As of the launch of the new pricing model, the standard count for VC is 10, but it could be argued that we should make that higher. Your input on this is very welcome.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christopher Clogg avatar image Christopher Clogg commented ·

I vote for a higher limit! :D

Actually I am wondering... is it possible to pay to raise the limit? I notice some limits mention "want to raise it? Contact about enterprise plans". But even if we are not on an enterprise plan, it would be cool to just have some added fixed monthly cost to raise limits (so long as there isn't some technical reason why we couldn't have more I guess).

In our game we track animal DNA for about 40 different animal types, that players earn. Then they spend that DNA to unlock the animal itself. Thus far I've rigged it through a token item for each DNA type, and put the amount inside the custom data... and then each animal's cost is specified in their custom data, and unlocking is done via a cloud script. It's not the cleanest thing but it works... however it would be nice if it could all be done properly though virtual currencies. But I don't know if 40+ currencies is feasible.

1 Like 1 ·
Lauren F avatar image
Lauren F answered

+1! Any news on this @Brendan?

I'm working on an MMO with lots of small zones, each with separate currency. It would be great to store each of their money as VC, but it looks like I'll have to store it as a JSON string in Title Data.
Definitely not ideal; I'd love to take advantage of the existing virtual currency API vs writing my own.

10 |1200

Luc avatar image
Luc answered

+1 on this issue. We're making a word game where you collect XP per letter, to be able to upgrade them. So we'll have at least 26 currencies that we want to increase by ~ 20-250 each time. We're abusing the items system for this at the moment, but calling the API with hundreds of "add item" entries results in a timeout.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.