question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

PlayFab pricing

Brendan Vanous
started a topic on Fri, 08 August 2014 at 5:52 PM

Our pricing is designed to be as simple and fair as possible: We bill based upon Daily Active Users (DAU), with two tiers that reflect the needs of "casual" games (where the needs are for the essentials) and "core" games (where the needs are more complex). We also provide ala carte pricing, for titles that want to use the Casual model, but with one or two additions - or even for titles that want to just use a couple of essential services. In any case though, we are committed to providing the features titles need, at the best price. If you have any questions concerning pricing, please email us at info@playfab.com.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

5 Comments
luizcarlosfx said on Thu, 12 February 2015 at 8:03 PM

I have one question. From what I know, daily active users should be unique users that login on your game daily. How does my sample game title have 31 DAU?. I have only 10 test users, and I use to login only with four of them. Please, correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 12 February 2015 at 8:11 PM

That page can be confusing, so we'll add some explanatory text (or just re-work the page, to make it clearer). The DAU at the top of your Dashboard is the summary for the month, as it says at the top of that box. So your cumulative DAU for February (so far) is 31. If you look at the graph immediately below, you'll see how this adds up - 2 DAU for some days, 3 for others, etc.

luizcarlosfx said on Thu, 12 February 2015 at 8:18 PM

Thanks, this is what I thought. So I am charged based on the average of DAU? Total_DAU / 30?

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 12 February 2015 at 8:32 PM

There's a price calculator on our pricing page that can help to get to specifics. Billing is based on DAU, and is aggregated daily, with a monthly billing cycle.

luizcarlosfx said on Thu, 12 February 2015 at 8:39 PM

Sorry, it was a bit confusing to me. Now I understood. Thank you for your patience and your excellent support.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.