question

YONEKAWA Koshi avatar image
YONEKAWA Koshi asked

Reissue session ticket

Is it possible to create a SessionTicket at any time on the application server using the Server API?

(Frequency is every time you communicate with the client)

I know it will be issued by LoginWithXXXX.

Can I call this often?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It will be fine to reissue the session ticket on the client side. I don’t see there are any potential threats there, but we can provide more suggestions if you can tell us your scenario. Do you want to limit the usage of session ticket? Are you trying to limit the multiple logins on different devices?

You can re-issue the ticket on the server side via LoginWithServerCustomId API call, but it is for server-side management. The thing is player cannot access PlayFab service with an expired ticket, hence you will need other methods to pass this re-issued ticket back to the client.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

YONEKAWA Koshi avatar image YONEKAWA Koshi commented ·

Thank you for answering.

----

GamePlatform -> GameServer <--> GameClient

Do a lot of work on the game server.

PlayFab performs some of its functions.

Therefore, we wanted to eliminate the interruption of the session.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ YONEKAWA Koshi commented ·

What will the GameServer do? Does it work like a multiplayer hosting server?

In fact, if the GameServer is secure, you can implement and use Server API directly without SessionTicket (that is the purpose that Server API is designed for).

If it does some logical decisions or verifications, you may also consider using Cloud Script.

0 Likes 0 ·
YONEKAWA Koshi avatar image YONEKAWA Koshi commented ·

Mainly the game server and PlayFab communicate.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.