question

tyreal87 avatar image
tyreal87 asked

SetCatalogItems and UpdateRandomTable circular dependency on fresh TitleId

Hi,

I want to use SetCatalogItems and UpdateRandomTable through the API to create a catalog.

The catalog has bundles and containers which refers to a drop table inside that same catalog.

SetCatalogItems doesn't seem to create the drop table, so i used UpdateRandomTable first but the items it refers to don't exist yet so both requests fails no matter what order i make them in.

Is it a requirement that the drop table must exist for SetCatalogItems to work ?

It works fine uploading a json through the playfab website because the catalog json has a droptable object inside of it which creates the drop table at the same time.

I believe that feature does not exist on the api for SetCatalogItems ?

apis
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tyreal87 avatar image tyreal87 commented ·

It's for the C# API.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

You have to make sure that the items/tables exists before creating the Drop Table/Bundle/Container that refers to them. In your case, you’ll need to:

1. Use SetCatalogItems to create the basic items referred by the Drop Table.
  2. Use UpdateRandomTable to create the Drop tables that contains the basic items created above.
  3. Use SetCatalogItems to create the Bundle/Container that contains the Drop table/Items created above.

Unlike uploading the Json which encompasses all the data needed in order to create a new Catalog via the Game Manager(PlayFab Website). PlayFab cannot refer to something that doesn’t exist yet when using APIs, hence the creation order matters.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.