question

Andy Metcalfe avatar image
Andy Metcalfe asked

Launching the same build from multiple matchmaking queues

Hi,

I've read several posts on here that seem to suggest it is not possible to pass information to a build about which matchmaking queue it was launched from. Is this 100% the case?

If so, why? Are there certain reasons to have separate builds per queue?

If not, then how do I do it?? All the API calls I can find need the QueueName as well, but this is exactly what we're trying to figure out so not much use!

I know that the sessionId of the server is set to the matchId of the match. So on the server we have the matchId - it would be very useful if we could call an API endpoint which gave us details about the queue that the match was made on

Any ideas?

Cheers
Andy

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It is not supported by PlayFab yet. Please review this thread and vote if you want: https://community.playfab.com/idea/35010/pass-queuename-from-matchmaking-into-gsdk.html.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy Metcalfe avatar image Andy Metcalfe commented ·

Thanks, hadn't seen that yet. Voted

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy Metcalfe avatar image Andy Metcalfe commented ·

Is there a way to execute a cloud script on the matchmaking_match_found event? I've read that you can't use rules as it's a newer event type

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Andy Metcalfe commented ·

You can actively create a PlayStream Event, for example, via WritePlayerEvent in Cloud Script, to trigger the rule.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.