question

bbekec avatar image
bbekec asked

Device Id and Facebook Id & Virtual Currency

Hello,

I m using Playfab in my game. At first, I choosed login with device id for both Android and IOS.

Now, the game has around 3k players. Some of users link their Facebook account to their Playfab account.

In the game, there are Virtual Currency pockets as IAP and most of player started buying them.

Now i have 2 problem with this,

1- Some players firstly create an account on an IOS or Android device and buy a Virtual Currency pocket, then they want to play the game on another device (Mostly IPad) but their VCs stays on the first device's Id account.

Is there any suggestion for me to solve this issue? I understand that firstly login with device id makes "Device Id Login" primary. Can i change Facebook as primary account?

2- There is a problem with IOS about device id again, if player reinstalls the app, beacuse of renewing device id, it creates new account on Playfab and Virtual Currincies stay at old device id again.

Is there any suggestion for me to solve this issue, too?

And laslty, I want to ask that, is it safe to show deviceid to player and make device id can be copied in the game? (I m thinking to do this because of Virtual Currency transfer)

Thanks for your help,

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered
  1. If the players want to play the game on another device, they’ll need to first unlink from their previous devices and then link the current device to their account. Take IOS for example, this is done using UnlinkIOSDeviceID and LinkIOSDeviceID. And, to be clear, firstly login with device id doesn’t make it primary, different login methods are “parallel” to each other, which means that you can use any one of them to have the player log into the system. Therefore, you can also have the player login using Facebook as long as you link their facebook accounts to PlayFab using LinkFacebookAccount.
  2. To make the device id persistent, you can keep the iOS device ID with iTunes KeyChain for later use, for more details, please refer to this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/17055/what-is-the-best-way-to-create-a-static-device-id.html. And no, it’s not recommended to show device id to player and make device id can be copied because other players may somehow obtain this and cheat the game. As a matter of fact, it’s also suggested that you add some other recoverable login mechanisms once the players complete the anonymous login, for more info please refer to the Login basics and best practices tutorial.
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bbekec avatar image bbekec commented ·

Hello Citrus Yan,

Thanks for your comprehensive explanation. I will try your suggestions.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan bbekec commented ·

Great, please let us know if you have any questions:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.