question

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq asked

What should be used to integrate Chat System in Playfab Groups/Clans?

Hi,

I have integrated Playfab Groups/Clans in my game and I want my players to be able to chat with each other when they join a certain Clan/Group.

So what should be used for this? Does Playfab provide any service for Group/Clan Members to chat with each other? Or Do I have to use Photon Chat?

Also I would like to be able to store chat history like we have seen in any chat messenger out in the world i.e. Facebook Messenger, Skype etc

apissdksentitiesphoton
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Before, we will recommend a work around solution to achieve chat feature via storing information in Shared Group Data, which is still a feasible solution for now. Players can initialize a chat group via creating a shared group, and store the chat log in Shared Group Data. Please note that Shared Group is independent to the Entity Group feature.

However, if you want a real-time chat, you may consider using PlayFab Party feature. Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Hey @SethDu, Thank you for your response so I am not looking to integrate a realtime chat system in my groups or clans. I am more like looking for some system only for text based chat system and I would like to store the history of every chat group my users will create.

I have heard that I can only store somewhat data in Shared Group Data, Can you please confirm me this because I read it somewhere on this forum.

Also I would love to get your suggestion on this. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Yes, Shared Group Data is the feature that you are looking for for a light chat system. If you have any issues on implement Shared Group, please feel free to send a new thread on the forum.

0 Likes 0 ·
richardonline avatar image
richardonline answered

Social interaction through in-game chats has a huge influence on players, prominently in terms of retaining, engaging, and converting themselves. In-game chats have opened up a whole new arena of networked play and socializing. Similar to social media, in-game chats let gamers talk and play – which is the first step of socializing with peers.

But that not all! Gaming consoles and real-time messaging solutions for the gaming industry have also seen abundant technological advancements. This has made it possible for developers to offer in-game chats to players like never before! Also, it is not just the widespread availability of high-speed internet that gives players the bandwidth necessary to carry game data and chats together. Rather, it is the efficiency of some of the best in-game chat APIs and best chat SDK for online gaming that has leveraged the gaming experience.

Here are some of the best in-game chat APIs that allow you to do so:

MirrorFly is a one-stop solution for all Real-Time Messaging Solutions. MirrorFly provides a completely customizable messaging API & chat SDK that easily be integrated into any type of online gaming platform.

SendBird provides chat, voice, and in-game video chat APIs to offer players an experience through which they can retain and engage with the best social gamers across gaming platforms.

PubNub offers interactive in-game chat features that drive player retention, fuel engagement, attract community-minded players. PubNub is also an option to build real-time chat for gaming.

Social interaction through in-game chats has a huge influence on players, prominently in terms of retaining, engaging, and converting themselves. In-game chats have opened up a whole new arena of networked play and socializing. Similar to social media, in-game chats let gamers talk and play – which is the first step of socializing with peers.

But that not all! Gaming consoles and real-time messaging solutions for the gaming industry have also seen abundant technological advancements. This has made it possible for developers to offer in-game chats to players like never before! Also, it is not just the widespread availability of high-speed internet that gives players the bandwidth necessary to carry game data and chats together. Rather, it is the efficiency of some of the best in-game chat APIs and best chat SDK for online gaming that has leveraged the gaming experience.

Here are some of the best in-game chat APIs that allow you to do so:

MirrorFly is a one-stop solution for all Real-Time Messaging Solutions. MirrorFly provides a completely customizable messaging API & chat SDK that easily be integrated into any type of online gaming platform.

SendBird provides chat, voice, and in-game video chat APIs to offer players an experience through which they can retain and engage with the best social gamers across gaming platforms.

PubNub offers interactive in-game chat features that drive player retention, fuel engagement, attract community-minded players. PubNub is also an option to build real-time chat for gaming.

10 |1200

richardonline avatar image
richardonline answered

Hello @Muhammad Roshaan Tariq Here i have shared top Chat SDK Tools providers with Features ,Price and customers all details are there check here and select the best chat sdk tools for web app

https://www.apptha.com/blog/best-5-chat-sdk-tools-for-android-ios-app/

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.